Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) is the analysis and redesign of workflows within and between enterprises. The primary goal of BPR is to optimize end-to-end processes in order to realize an increased return on investment. BPR’s core methodology involves migrating away from old ways of working and effecting radical redesigns of processes and workflows to achieve immediately meaningful, dramatic improvements.
The basic tools needed to accomplish Business Process Re- engineering include:
- Activity Base Costing
- Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE)
- Data Modeling
RYAN has vast experience leading BPR efforts using multiple tools and is experienced with implementing proven solutions in cooperation with several industry leading BPR vendors.
We seek to streamline the work process and thereby achieve significant improvements in quality, time management, speed, and profitability.
Benefits of Business Process Re-engineering Include:
- Reduced costs and cycle time
- Improved quality
- Refocusing of organizational work efforts
- Remaining relevant and competitive in an increasingly dynamic industry
- Identify, mitigate, and cure systemic process inefficiencies
- Enhance organizational capability to expand into other adjacent industries
- Adapt to contemporary workforce, technology and social trends
A key stimulus for re-engineering has been the continuing development and deployment of increasingly sophisticated information systems and more efficient computer networks allowing for exponentially increased bandwidth and data throughput. Cloud migration and increased reliance on hosted applications, infrastructure, and services is perhaps the best example of recent innovation driving the need for BPR.